Friday, July 26, 2013

Health & Fitness Friday: Half Marathons and Bikini Problems

I can't even tell you how happy I am that today is FRIDAY!  If you read my post on Wednesday, you know that means that after today, I only have 6 more days working at this hospital!  Yaahooo!!

Also, THANK YOU to everyone for their input on my yoga business....the ovewhelming choice was for One Light Yoga, which make my decision pretty easy :)  Now I just have to get the ball rolling with making an LLC and a website...anyone know of a good web designer??

Alright, lets talk fitness. 


I did my 11 mile run last weekend which went better than expected.  I was more than ready to be done by the time it ended, but I felt pretty good that I did it.  This is how my weekly workouts have looked:

Saturday- 11 miles
Sunday- Rest
Monday- Yoga
Tuesday- 2 miles
Wednesday- 3 miles
Thursday- Rest
Friday- I plan on 3 miles tonight
Saturday- The plan 8 miles
Sunday-  The plan is to go for a walk & Yoga

I'm only doing 8 miles this weekend because I registered for the Minnesota Half Marathon, which is next Saturday. I like to have an easier week before a race, so 8 miles should be sufficient. I'm already nervous though...ugh.

Other than that, not much is new on the health and fitness front.  I finally found a bathing suit that I found acceptable a few weeks ago, but I have only worn it once, and not with any other people.  Still working on my confidence level on that one.  I know I talk a lot about body image and support other people in accepting their bodies...but it continues to be a struggle to accept my own appearance sometime.  Why does that have to be so hard? 

Anyway, I hope everyone has a happy and healthy weekend :)

1 comment:

  1. hey katie! i ran the espirit de she on 50th/france yesterday, and it made me want to do a half marathon. keep posting your workouts because i'm going to follow - a perfect training plan ready to go :)

    ReplyDelete

© Love, K. Blair. Powered by