Monday, March 24, 2014

Weekend Update

This weekend involved some painting, some board games, some yummy food, and this kitty:



We were cat-sitting for our friends while they are in Florida, so we got to hang out with our buddy Mr. Paws, such a sweetie.

Last week, I decided that I finally had had it with our living room.  We painted it last year and the color turned out the be not at all what we wanted.  I didn't take a good before picture, but here is the color it used to be and then some paint samples. 


We went with the darker of the two grays and also patched up some holes in the wall.  I love the way it turned out! Such an improvement.  We also decided that the room was too cluttered and ended up selling our tv stand and coffee table, both of which FLEW out the door on craigslist. 


I can't believe we got the entire room and hallway taken apart, painted, and put back together in one weekend.  I helped as much as I could, but my husband and his brother did most of the work.  Mark worked non-stop from Thursday night through Saturday afternoon.  

We got things put back in place in time for my brother in law and sister in law to come over Saturday night.  We ordered a few pizzas and played board games while watching the NCAA tournament.  It was really fun, but I was definitely wiped out by the end of the day!

I went to church Sunday morning with some Bible Study friends and then out for lunch at Panera.  It was great to catch up with them, but by the end of lunch I started feeling like I was coming down with a cold.  I felt like I just needed to take it easy the rest of the day, so I watched Property Brother on the couch for the rest of the afternoon.  I really hope I don't get more sick!

5 comments:

© Love, K. Blair. Powered by