Thursday, October 31, 2013

Why I Love the Red Sox


There is really only one reason that I cheer for the Red Sox every year.  It's not because I think Boston is an insanely cool city.  It's not because my aunt, uncle, and cousin live there.  Nope...its all for one reason.  This guy:




I was so happy that the Red Sox won the world series.  I knew that my friend Paul, a HUGE Red Sox fan and Bostonian, would be watching the game.  He'd be jumping up and down, cheering, yelling, crying tears of joy and excitement.  But he'd be doing all of that from Heaven.

Paul was an amazing friend.  I have so many memories of Paul, he was one of the most genuinely nice people I've ever known.  What the world really needs is more Pauls. 

Paul was killed in a car accident over Memorial Day weekend, a few days after I graduated from college. He lived in Boston and was killed while riding in a taxi on his way home one night.  The car that hit him was a stolen SUV being pursued by the police through a residential neighborhood. 

I can barely look at these pictures of him.  He was an incredible singer and fronted a band in Boston called TheMark.  It's been several years, but I still can't listen to their songs.  I can cheer for his favorite team though.  Go Red Sox!  That win was for you, Paul.



No comments:

Post a Comment

© Love, K. Blair. Powered by