Thursday, April 10, 2014

Decisions

I have a lot of things to make decisions about lately, but one that has been taking up the most space in my brain is about my job. 


I love my job and don't plan on ever leaving unless something major happens.  I used to think I would want to stay at home when I had kids, but now I can't really imagine not having a job that gives me professional satisfaction, and interaction with co-workers I actually like.  Most of you know that I also teach yoga as a side gig, which I have really enjoyed over the past year.  But, with impending changes on the horizon, I knew something would have to give initially. 

Recently, a new position at my job has opened up and I was given the opportunity to take it.  Actually, I have been working really hard over the last year to secure this role as I had a feeling it would open.  I'll still do the same job, just with a different schedule.  The big difference is that its 3 days per week- Monday, Tuesday, Friday.  To me, it seems like an ideal schedule for a new mom.

Not that I expect any of you to keep up with my yoga schedule, but you might be wondering what will happen to the class I teach on Friday afternoon.  Well, here is what's going on.  I will be done teaching yoga at the end of April until next fall sometime. I have to let the Friday class go in order to take on my new role at work, and it just makes sense for me to also let the Sunday class go for the summer.  I share that class with another teacher who will keep teaching it with the help of a different teacher.  

Honestly, there are some good things about that Sunday class, but since I also work a lot of weekends at my job, I am kind of tired of always having an obligation on the weekend, especially Sunday morning.  Plus, I really need to have some open weekends this summer for other stuff!

Ideally, I wouldn't have to make all of these changes until closer to August, but the new position is open at the beginning of May, so that is when I will make the transition.  I know this is the best situation for our growing family, but I am really sad to see my Friday yoga class come to and end.  



1 comment:

  1. It's hard to make those kinds of decisions. Just know that it may not be forever and this is a transitioning time because you are growing your family. Who knows what a year down the road will bring. And I promise you, once that baby girl comes your world will shift and change again and again. Good luck hun!

    ReplyDelete

© Love, K. Blair. Powered by