Monday, April 7, 2014

Baby H is a….

Before I get started here, I just want to mention that a friend of mine found out that she had a miscarriage this weekend.  I've been really heartbroken for her and torn about how to proceed with my own happy news.  I know she's the gracious type of person who would tell me to continue to celebrate my own healthy pregnancy, especially after all of the ovulation tests, charting, negative pregnancy tests…etc.  But I can't in good consciousness pretend like this didn't happen.  So before you proceed with reading this, please say a prayer for my friends healing.

And now….here is some GOOD news:


We are having a baby GIRL!!  Of course we would have been happy either way, but we both had a pretty strong feeling that it was a girl. Well, I guess Mark had a strong feeling.  I did have that feeling for all of the first trimester and up until a few weeks ago, but then I totally changed my mind, so I was thinking boy going into the ultrasound.  

We told Mark's parents the news via Skype, and they were really happy since his family has pretty much all boys.  We told my parents at my dad's birthday dinner- I baked cupcakes with PINK filling.

Bring on the tutus and headbands!! And give me ALL OF THE PINK!

11 comments:

  1. YAAAYY!! I KNEW IT! You are going to LOVE all things girl!! They are so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry for your friend, that is just heartbreaking. I'll definelty keep them in my prayers.

    YAY A GIRL A GIRL A GIRL! PINK PINK and MORE PINK! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. T&P's to your friends...I can't even imagine!!!!

    Congrats!!! I was right...you did break the MN blogger boys streak!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry for your friend. :( Breaks my heart that people have to go through that. And SO happy for you guys having a girl. Obviously both are great, but KNOWING who is in there is so much fun :) Also, ALL the bloggers who are pregnant right now are having girls. Just after a wave of boys. That's so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. sorry to hear about your friend. What terrible news, just as you find out exciting news :(

    yay for a girl! Now all the MN Blogger boys will have a lady friend at future meet ups.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So Sorry for your friend. I cannot imagine how you must feel.

    Yay for little girls! SO much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, friend for your kind words. I appreciate them so much, but you're absolutely right, I want to celebrate with you two about your good news as well. I'm so excited you're having a girl. It's MUCH more fun to shop for girl clothes, and I can't wait to pick something out for little baby H. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay for a girl!! Very exciting. Congrats

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woohoo! Congrats lady!! So happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh man. I'm so sorry for your friend's loss! Such a hard thing!! I had a very dear friend go through a miscarriage while I was pregnant, and it definitely makes you even more grateful for that growing baby!

    And a girl - YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Katie, I'm not sure if you remember me - we went to Luther together! I found your blog from my friend Melissa (I Carry Your Heart). I'm just getting started with blogging, and she encouraged me to join up with the MN Bloggers. Anyways, congratulations! That's so exciting. Glad to see you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete

© Love, K. Blair. Powered by