Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Christmas Spectacular Weekend!

I know I'm a day late with the weekend update, but I had such a fun weekend that I need to write about it!

 As you know from my last post, we spent Friday night in Iowa at Christmas at Luther.  I have kind of a weird phobia of driving long distances at night, but the drive was SO pretty while the sun was setting.


We made it down to Decorah with plenty of time to spare before the 9:15 show, so we went out for dinner at my favorite pizza place.  It was delicious, but oh man did we eat a lot.  After dinner, we headed over to the college campus for the show.  It was so good!  I just love my alma mater so much and savor every chance I have to be back on campus!



Our noses look a little red here, it was SO cold!


We were able to spend some time shopping in town and having breakfast on Saturday before we had to head back to Minneapolis.

I don't have any pictures from the rest of the weekend, because honestly it was too cold to take my mittens off, but Saturday night was so fun!  I went out for dinner at Union Rooftop and then to see The Nutcracker Ballet with a couple of my girlfriends.  I really hope we make this a tradition, because there was something so charming about getting all dressed up for the ballet!  The show was great, it was performed by the Moscow Ballet and the dancers were SO spectacular!  Union Rooftop was kind of…meh.  It was freezing in there, but I suppose when its nearly -25 out and most of the restaurant is made of glass, that's to be expected. It wasn't very pleasant though, and the food was not hot at all by the time it reached us.  It also took forever and we didn't have time for dessert despite allowing almost 2 hours for dinner! Oh well, the ballet made up for it!

I taught yoga on Sunday morning and felt like the students really liked it.  My Sunday morning class is donation based with a 5$ suggested donation, but lately people have been giving twice as much or more, so I take that as a good sign!

I had coffee with Madison in the afternoon and spent the rest of the day being lazy around the house!  It was such a nice way to finish the weekend, I get very crabby if I don't get any time to relax on Sunday!   

I can't believe Christmas is just around the corner!  I still have a few more Christmasy events to go to, but I was so glad that I had the chance to do all this fun stuff this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Love, K. Blair. Powered by