Friday, January 17, 2014

California Vacation Days 1-2

Well, here I am back in the frozen tundra.  While Minnesota has been experiencing extreme coldness, Southern California has been "unseasonably warm" according to their local news.  The weather was in the 80s! In January!  I did not see one cloud the entire time.

I arrived on Saturday afternoon and basically just relaxed at the condo for the rest of the day.  We did go out to eat at my favorite restaurant of all time, Miguel's, where I had some amazing flautas.  


On Sunday morning, I was lucky enough to be able to attend my cousin's baby's baptism.  I didn't plan my trip specifically for this weekend, it was just a coincidence, and a very happy one!  I was able to see a lot of family, meet the new baby, and say goodbye to my other cousin who is leaving San Diego for San Francisco next month (before Mark and I go back to SD, boo.)

Right after the baptism, I was SO lucky to be able to meet one of my best friends for lunch.  Allison lives in Twentynine Palms on the Marine Corps base (her husband is a total badass Marine Corps Officer, he is currently serving in Afghanistan on his 2nd deployment.)  We went to college together, but met while studying abroad in Chile and Nicaragua.  I only get to see her every couple of years, but I am hoping they are stationed in San Diego next, which will increase our visits for sure!  

Anyway, we met in Temecula, which was only an hour drive for me.  It was a really cute little town and I'd totally go back there for wine tasting at the many vineyards in the area.


That evening, my mom and I walked next door to the Hotel Del Coronado, did some shopping and sat at the bar for awhile.  We walked back to the condo while the sun was setting and just had dinner at the condo while watching TV and relaxing. 



1 comment:

© Love, K. Blair. Powered by