Friday, August 9, 2013

Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa.

This weekend I am going to one of my very favorite places on Earth...Iowa!  Not just anywhere in Iowa though- my alma mater, Luther College in Decorah, IA.



Every year, my best friends from college go back to our little college town for a weekend of shenanigans and tom foolery.  Or shopping and drinking, and maybe getting hit on by 19 year olds.

I love going back to Decorah SO much.  I could easily move back to this town and be perfectly happy. In fact, I've tried to convince Mark a few times to move there.  He isn't sold on Iowa, but would move if he found a job at the college- still holding out on that one.

My friends and I have been able to make our reunion happen pretty much every year since we graduated, some trips have been combined with other events, but we've been pretty dedicated to it!  Here's a little walk down memory lane...


I don't have a shot of the whole group, but this was from 2007, a few months after we graduated.

All of us in Decorah for Andrea's wedding in July,  2008.

2009, in front the sign for our favorite restaurant, T-Bocks!

I don't believe we made it to Decorah in 2010, but we made up for it by a rendezvous  in Coronado, CA.  I was living out there for school and the girls all came out for Katie's bachelorette party!

Here we are in front of our senior year town home for my bachelorette party in 2011!  We brought a few non-Luther friends with, but they got into the Decorah spirit!

Only 3 of us could make it last year in 2012, but we had one of the best weekends ever!


I am sooo excited to get down there!  We are leaving after work today and coming back on Sunday.

Happy Friday!  Happy Weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I love that we found out we have mutual friends/acquaintances from Luther. Hope you have a great weekend there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really shocked by the info of this website and i am glad i experienced a seem over the weblog. thank you so a lot for sharing this sort of wonderful data.
    lodging knoxville
    cabins in knoxville

    ReplyDelete

© Love, K. Blair. Powered by