Thursday, August 29, 2013

First 2 days in Vail

I hope no one gets sick of reading vacation recaps, because that is just about all that I have to talk about right now, so I'm drawing this out...

...We finally arrived in Vail on Sunday afternoon and immediately hit up the Vail farmer's market.

It was such a cool farmer's market!  Not only was there a lot of good food, but there were tons of artists with booth's set up.  There was SO much to look at!  We also went into a few stores and I bought the hat I'm wearing below, I love it- I just need to learn to wear hats more often.


It started to rain while we were walking around, so we took shelter at a Mexican restaurant and ordered a pitcher of margaritas, naturally.  That night we were still pretty tired from the drive, so we picked up some pizzas and hung out at the condo.  We stayed at the Arrowhead resort at the Country Club of the Rockies and it was SO nice!  I'm sure buying a place there is ridiculously expensive, but it has been added to the bucket list for sure.



The next morning we were up for a short and pretty run near this creek.  Running at high altitude sucks, but the scenery helps a lot!


Later that morning, we took the gondola up Vail mountain and started the hike around up there, eventually working our way back down to the base.  Hiking downhill is awesome, but it does not do awesome things to your calf muscles, ouch!  




Tree pose, obvs.  And my dad's tree pose with his walking sticks. 


As if our day hadn't already been active enough, we went golfing that afternoon.  We played Sonnenalp, which was gorgeous!!  It was also a course that much better suited my ability than the course we usually play at home too, so it was really fun.  


I hit some really good shots, and one of my drives actually landed a few feet from the hole, which NEVER happens to me.  Of course, I had to celebrate with an aperol spritz!


After golf, we went to another Mexican restaurant.  It's just a little hole in the wall in Edwards, but it's one of my dad's favorite places to eat.  There may have been another pitcher of margaritas.  That's all I'm going to say about that.






1 comment:

  1. Vail looks gorgeous! And there is no such thing as too many margaritas. Mmmmm now i miss margaritas. haha

    ReplyDelete

© Love, K. Blair. Powered by