Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Suja Juice Cleanse: Day 2

So far so good on the juice cleanse! I made it through day 1 just fine and I was really surprised that I wasn't too hungry.  I started to get a little hungry in the afternoon, but that all went away after I had my "afternoon snack" juice.  The only difficult part of the day was when my husband heated up leftovers for dinner and I could smell the food, but he was kind enough to not eat it in front of me. I pretty much have only good things to say about the flavors:

Glow (breakfast):  Made from apple, cucumber, celery, mint, kale, spinach, and collards.  I LOVED this!  There are several green juices, and this might be my favorite!  I really loved the mint in it, so refreshing!  Mint is the only herb in there, but to me it was like an herb party in my mouth!

Fuel (mid-morning snack): Made from carrot, orange, apple, pineapple, lemon, and turmeric.  This was seriously SO GOOD!!  This was hands down my favorite juice, other than the "dessert" drink.  The flavor was amazing, it was like spring in a bottle!  I got the orange flavor the most, but I've heard people that the carrot flavor is the strongest.  I am wondering if the flavor changes a little bottle to bottle.

Purify (lunch):  Made from carrot, apple, celery, cucumber, beet, and lemon.  This wasn't bad, but it was my least favorite.  I thought the beet flavor was a little too strong, and I like beets.  I did not find this to be very sweet, which was actually a good thing because I'd get tired of drinking sweet stuff all day, so it was a nice break.

Fiji (afternoon snack):  Made from fuji apple, cucumber, celery, kale, spinach, collards, and lemon-ginger.  Another yummy one! I loved the ginger in this and actually wish it had been a little stronger!  This tasted a lot like Glow, but I could still tell the difference.

Green Supreme (dinner): Made from apple, kale, and lemon.  I liked it, to me it tasted like a granny smith apple.  However, my mom had one of these and hated it.  She said all she could taste was kale.  Another reason I am wondering if the flavor doesn't change from bottle to bottle.  I guess I will find out today!

Vanilla Cloud (dessert):  Made from coconut, almond, honey, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla.  YOU GUYS.  This was sooooo good!  I wanted it to last forever!  The flavor is amazing, to me it tasted mostly of almond and cinnamon.  It was just the right level of sweetness and SO satisfying!  I plan on buying these in the future for when I want dessert- which is every night.  I could definitely have one of these every night!!

I am excited to see how today goes!  I really haven't had any bad side effects yet, but I can't say I feel a whole lot different either.  The only thing going on is a headache, but I get headaches all the time so I can't say for sure if its connected to the juice cleanse.  Come back tomorrow to see how day 2 went!

And I am carrying this over from yesterday: On another note, I need your help!!  I will be on vacation April 20-30 and am looking for volunteers to guest post about their favorite vacations!!  Comment on this if you want to write a guest post for me!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you're sharing your experience with a juice cleanse. I've heard that it gives you headaches and since I get headaches a fair amount, I don't know if it is something for me. I'll be interested to see though, if you notice any significant changes.

    The flavour combinations sound yummy. I might try making some of these with my blender to enjoy during the summer.

    ReplyDelete

© Love, K. Blair. Powered by