Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Prayers for Boston


I don't think you have to be a runner to have your heart broken by the events at yesterday's Boston Marathon.  However, being that I am a runner, I can't help but think of my own marathon finish lines and picture how terrifying it would have been.


The Boston Marathon is a race I will probably never run.  I don't anticipate ever qualifying for it, but I think there is always that tiny little dream in every runner's heart to get their BQ and line up in Hopkinton.  It deeply saddens me that this race will never be the same and that the thousands of people who trained, qualified, trained even more, diligently prepared, and traveled to Boston, will have this horrible even overshadowing what should have been one of the proudest moments of their life.


My cousin lives in Boston and thankfully is safe.  One of my running friends lives in Boston and was watching the race, thankfully she is also safe.  My prayers go out to those who were not safe and those who are not feeling safe in their city today.



1 comment:

  1. So sad. And so horrible to think that this event will forever be remembered for this and that future racers will have this fear.

    ReplyDelete

© Love, K. Blair. Powered by